Wednesday, May 4, 2016

First World Problems

A friend of mine, after offering some complaints over her day, said, "Those are such first world problems."

Her comment made me pause and it made me think. What does that mean? Well, starvation and worries over malaria are typically third world, or extremely underdeveloped countries worries. Not something you worry about in the USofA most of the time.

Here we may complain about our neighbors dog using our yard for it's morning break or that the sanitation workers broke the lid to our trash can or that our three-way sliding glass door broke and had to be fixed. Bummer.

So if and when I get into the pit, I try and analyze if my problems are really worth being all bent up about.

Sometimes, yes, they are! First, third, fourth world, what have you!


But a lot of the times, my concerns are things that if I take a moment to put them in perspective,





 my angst falls by the wayside. Inconveniences are easily dealt with. Broken things can get fixed. Sickness, in this country, thankfully, can be healed by our top notch pediatrician. Thankfulness and choosing to be thankful instead of whiny also helps to adjust my outlook.


Because there is beauty in so much!










Flowers for a baby shower...


One of Chloe's "kids"- the baby doll and yeah the other "kid" in the seat belt next to the doll.. yeah the clearish one...



Oh, and more of Chloe's kids in the way back seat. I already have grandchildren :)

Three-year- old Chloe who wants so badly to do presentations like her big sister and big brothers!


School presentation costumes! This is Ben as Genghis Khan. He looks so serious.

And Jay as King Tut..

Of course, Chloe and Hans, the love story continues. Love!


Helpers in my kitchen- we love aprons here!

Ballet costumes- fun to try on for the first time! Mom, what am I again? I... don't..know...


Kid hair cuts- yep, the back left half is missing. It was located under said child's bed.... with the scissors..

Old dogs who just need a home! Hans (Han Solo). His military family went to serve in Dubai- at 9 years old he needed a place to call home! He's not beautiful. One of his cropped ears fell over and his breath stinks and he sheds and he passes gas audibly and often (so gross).. first world problems... he is loving and gentle and fun and my kids think he's pretty awesome! Thankfulness is beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment